Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"Dallas at Sunset"

SOLD: ACEO 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 artist grade acrylics on 140lb watercolor paper.
Copyrighted 2008. All rights reserved by artist and no unauthorized copying is allowed.



Gift: Acrylic, gallery wrapped canvas 6"x8".
Copyrighted 2008. All rights reserved by artist and no unauthorized copying is allowed.

Dallas at Sunset

In March my son moved to Dallas. His apartment has a wonderful view of the city. While there I took several photos from his studio window and painted a small canvas of the city right at sunset. Only later did I realize that several of the buildings and the ball didn't show up until after dark and as a result I had either left them out or misread their distinctive forms. The top painting incorporates some of the missing buildings. I really liked the cranes in the distance because it shows Dallas as a dynamic, growing city. Also in the top painting I decided to add reflections across the black asphalt roof that extends out below his window.

No comments: