Thursday, February 12, 2009

ACEO "From Sketch to Painting"

ACEO 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 artist grade acrylics on 140lb watercolor paper.
Copyrighted 2009. All rights reserved by artist and no unauthorized copying is allowed.

I seem to still be in that weird mode, so I switched to horses today. I grew up in a very strict household where my father would not allow us to have coloring books or comic books. He felt that they stifled our imaginations. When I was 6 or 7 years old I began drawing horses. He was really pleased that I loved drawing. Sad to say, it wasn't because I loved drawing that I drew horses. It was just that I thought if I drew enough of them he would get the message that I wanted a horse.

I thought it would be fun to show this piece from beginning sketch to the finished painting.

No comments: