Sunday, April 12, 2009

ACEO Happy Easter "He Is Risen"


ACEO 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 artist inks and acrylics on 140lb watercolor paper.
Copyrighted 2009. All rights reserved by artist and no unauthorized copying is allowed.

I am not a portrait artist and don't pretend to be, but recently something happened and doing this interpretation of Christ has been on my mind ever since. I had a terrible fall and for several minutes I thought that my arms were paralyzed, but finally the feeling started coming back, back with a vengeance.
The pain was so great that I thought I had broken both my arms. It turned out that I had damaged my spinal cord. Ever since then I have been in pain, but the good news is, everyday I am feeling a little better. This week I was even able to do a little painting. So I did my background research and decided to base my painting on the Shroud of Turin. Using that basic image as a guide, I did my sketch and finally my painting. No, it is not something great and amazing, but it was inspired. Because for me it, is a miracle that I was able to paint it at all.

No comments: